Just like the iOS 17 Public Beta was just released, The long-awaited first public beta of iPadOS 17 has been released by Apple. A more stable version of iPadOS 17, version 17, is now available for testing. The new operating system for the iPad includes a number of aesthetically pleasing and functional improvements. If you want to learn more about the public beta of iPadOS 17, keep reading.
Apple has released the first public beta, with the build number 21A5277j. Because it is such a substantial improvement, the file size is 5.97GB. You can’t use this app without one of the iPads we’ve listed below.
List of iPad eligible for iPadOS 17 public beta
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation and later)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad (6th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
All of the above iPad models are compatible with the iPadOS 17 public beta update. However, it’s worth keeping in mind that iPadOS 17 is still in beta, so you may run into some hiccups or problems as you use it.
When it comes to new and updated features, iPadOS 17 includes a customizable lock screen, interactive widgets, improved PDF compatibility, an updated Messages app, fresh wallpapers, and much more.
iPadOS 17 Public Beta
If your iPad is running on the iPadOS 16 and you want to try out the features then you can follow these steps to get the iPadOS 17 public beta:
- Open the Settings on your iPad.
- Tap General > Software Update.
- Select Beta Updates and select iPadOS 17 Public Beta option.
- Go back and download the public beta of iPadOS 17.
- That’s it.
I suggest you take a backup of important data before installing the public beta build on your iPad. Also, make sure that your iPad is charged at least 50%.