The most recent upgrade, Android 12, is presently in beta testing. And just today, Google published Android 12 Beta 2.1, which fixes a number of issues. The second Android 12 beta was published in the second week of this month, with additional features unveiled at the Google I/O developer conference. And now, with some bug patches, Android 12 beta 2.1 is out.
Google is on track to release Android 12 to the general public on time. However, we will have to wait a few months. During that time, we’ll also be able to try out the third and fourth Android 12 betas. Android 12 Beta 2.1 is a tiny incremental release that focuses solely on issue fixes found in Android 12 Beta 2.
As you may be aware, this update is only available for Pixel phones that are supported. Check out our GSI tutorial if you have a different phone and wish to try out the Android 12 beta.
Android 12 Beta 2.1 Supported Devices:
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4XL
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4a 5G
- Pixel 5
As previously stated in this news post, Android 12 Beta 2.1 is a minor upgrade that only fixes a few problems. Check out the changelog section to learn more about the changes in this version.
Android 12 Beta 2.1 Changelog
This minor update to Android 12 Beta 2 provides the following changes as well as numerous stability improvements:
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing things on the lock screen. For example, swiping down for the notification shade, swiping away notifications, or swiping up to unlock the phone.
- Fixed issues that caused information such as weather and calendar events to not appear in the At a Glance widget on the home screen or lock screen.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused flickering or jittery animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused microphone and camera permission indicators to get stuck and disappear until the phone was rebooted.
- Fixed an issue when using the Android Emulator with an Android Virtual Device (AVD) running Android 12 that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where after taking Beta and resetting the device, some users are were stuck on setup wizard.
The Android 12 Beta 2.1 update comes with build version SPB2.210513.011. And similar to the main Android 12 Beta 2 update, it also comes with June 2021 security patch.
If you already have the Android 12 developer preview or the Android 12 Beta installed on your phone, you will receive the OTA update. If you don’t receive an update notification, you may manually check for it. Go to Settings > System > Software Update to see whether an update is available. Then, to acquire Android 12 beta 2.1 on your Pixel, press on download and install.
If you wish to go from a stable to a beta version of Android, you may use the Android Beta Program or flash the whole Android 12 Beta 2 Factory Image.